WoK MFL Student Work

MFL Hall of Fame

MFL Blog Roll

See below for examples of students' work, reviews of exchange trips and general MFL announcements:...

Sunday 12 July 2009

STARTING JAPANESE

This is what Year 7 students say about learning Japanese at Weald...

"At first I thought that Japanese would be really difficult but now I've been doing it for a whole year it's not. I actually understand the language! The most difficult part was learning hiragana. English only has 26 letters. Hiragana is over 46 symbols and sounds."

"I found travel easiest to learn. I found remembering the 46 hiragana the hardest."

"Interesting and fun things about Japanese: playing games while learning, working in groups, doing origami, creating things, being able to write hiragana with fun added!"

"At first I thought Japanese was going to be really hard but by the time I was on my 5th lesson I found it easier. We learnt about nationality and pets which were fun to learn, as everything is."

"At WOK Japanese is great fun and extremely interesting. It gives us a chance not only to learn the language but to explore their culture as well. Learning the Japanese script has been interesting but very challenging as there are 4 Japanese alphabets! (hiragana, kanji, katakana and romaji!!) At the start of the year most of us knew little to no Japanese, but now we can confidently give a short speech about ourselves to the entire class!"

Listen to some of our interviews!

http://mbm-wok.podomatic.com/entry/2009-07-12T14_55_05-07_00
http://mbm-wok.podomatic.com/entry/2009-07-12T14_43_30-07_00

No comments:

Post a Comment